Monday, December 27, 2010

This Shouldn't Be Difficult


It's been a while. I wouldn't have forgotten you.

First up I have an perfectly acidic electro track by Logo. They bring you this free from their studio. I'm really enjoying that piano part that comes in around 2:40.

This one really gets me. Kartell comes out of nowhere with this amazingly simplistic jazz house track. I cannot get over how cool listening to this makes me feel. He plays with the melody a bit, mixing it up just enough for it to remain consistently fresh but without over doing it. Great hi-hats.

I am extremely jealous of Siriusmo, which I guess makes me a huge fan. The constant mutation of each track he creates just serves to demonstrate his array of production skills and knack for original and unique harmonic progressions. Give me your talents........

ceo's debut album, White Magic, is a truly well done electro pop album. This track has a great chord progression that gives it the dreamy quality that is so appropriate for this genre of music. Listen for the great, "I keep it real", voice in the background.

Old Schooler Gui Boratto brings you a great electro track perfect for those long night drives.

Discodeine teams up with Jarvis Cocker on this funky upbeat serenade. Bendy synths!

Ed Banger All-Star DJ Mehdi takes a breather here with this relaxing down tempo remix of a superduper Miike Snow track. Mehdi takes this one to the next level.


Bonus:

Poka, in his traditional fashion, slays the dance floor. The chopped reggae vocals definitely complement this high energy track.



I feel a little violated after watching this video...



Love, Patrick


No comments:

Post a Comment