Saturday, December 25, 2010

Holidaze


The holidays, at least for me, often represent a time for reflecting on the year that's just passed and also for looking ahead to the year that's coming up. I don't know about for you guys, but in my mind 2010 has been fucking awesome. Just to give you an idea of how much has changed in the past year for me, I barely even listened to electronic music 365 days ago, yet here I find myself immersed in this awesome culture and running a blog. It's been a great year, and I imagine 2011 will be even better. I thought that the picture above was a pretty good encapsulation of how I wanna move forward next year, and the color scheme is sort of christmas-ey so that's a bonus. These tracks I'm about to give you are the real gift though. They're all totally bomb, so merry christmas and be sure to keep it Bright & Shiny wherever you are this holiday season.

First up we have a MONSTROUS remix by a montreal-based group by the name of Botnek. I had never heard of these guys before stumbling upon this song in cyberspace, but after hearing this song I've been desperately trying to find everything I can by them. This song is huge. It's sort of tech-ey, sort of electro-ey, sort of hypnotic, and completely insane. Check it out.

Micro Prophet - Watch Em Come (BOTNEK Remix)


Saw this one posted over on Nashville Nights a bit ago, and instantly fell in love. Cassian puts together feel good, wonderful disco-beach-jam here. I mean, Miami Horror plus Cassian... you can't really go wrong..

Miami Horror - Holidays (Cassian Remix)


Foamo will always have a special place in my heart in part because this video half persuaded me to go to school where I'm at now (UCSB). This new piece by him is equally as bomb as anything I've ever heard by him (meaning, download it right now if you don't already have it).

Warrior One - Lord Of Bashy (Foamo Remix)


You may remember we posted Washed Out's surreal, sun-soaked anthem Feel It All Around a while ago (as well as the music video which you should watch right now if you haven't seen it). Well, my boy Johnny Rupp blew my mind with this Hood Internet Mashup. Basically, it's a Lil Wayne and Birdman swagged out rendition of the original, which is about as awesome of a thing as I can think of. I don't always like what The Hood Internet does, but I've gotta admit they really got it right with this one.

The Hood Internet - Feel It On The South Side (Birdman & Lil Wayne vs Washed Out)


Last but not least we've got a Tech House beast by Britain's own Bowski. It's getting late and I've still got some present wrapping to do, so I'll let this one speak for itself..

B Acid - XY-Me (Bowski Remix) [Removed By Request]



Merry Christmas and Stay Classy,
Augustus

No comments:

Post a Comment