Saturday, November 27, 2010

Nothing But


This post is longggg overdue, so hopefully its hugeness makes up for its tardiness.

I really don't know where to start, but I guess it would make sense that I talk a little about the Dutch legend himself, Chuckie, whom I saw in St. Louis over a week ago. You guys probably got a little taste of what this man can do on the decks with our review of his set at Electric Zoo earlier this year, but it was my first time seeing the madman, and he definitely did not disappoint. My memory is a little hazy at this point, so I'm not going to go into much detail, but I don't think I've ever seen someone relentlessly whip a crowd into as intense and wild a frenzy as he did with us that night. I'm pretty sure I tore my bicep from pumping my fist so hard. I think it's fair to say that everyone in attendance, myself included, lost their shit through every minute of his performance. I tried to identify as many of the tracks he dropped as I could, so here's a few that I can remember.

I was surprised to see that we've never put this up. Honestly, one of my favorite, and one of the craziest tracks I've ever heard. Afrojack goes Dutch-rave all over Chuckie's original, increasing its massiveness by a factor of a million. Pump this one as loud as humanly possible.

Chuckz showed a lot of love for Alvaro throughout his set, unexpectedly dropping his massive remix of Usher's OMG that we've posted before, and this little Dutch number.

Honestly, I can't remember if he even played this track, but it deserves to be posted. Chuckie and Klosman take Nervo's (who I also had the pleasure of seeing...never thought I'd see two sexy Australian blondes rock a club like that) house anthem "Irresistible" and give it some edge.


Onto part dos of today's post:

Saw this posted on GDD earlier, and seeing as it was Simian Mobile Disco and I'd never heard it before, I thought I'd give it a listen. Thank the lord I did. Though it's kind of an oldie, it really embodies Simian's unique sound. It's eerie background synths and glitchy digital crescendos will have you feeling like you're right in the middle of Tron.

NYC duo ATLAS do a gorgeous reworking of a Crystal Method track. Look out for more stuff from these guys in the future.

Coming of the French Bambounou's latest EP, "Nappy Head" is a wonderful tribal jam I'd expect to hear on the beach of some tropical island. Also recommended is the Art Nouveau remix of this track that takes the vocals and lays them over some nice synth melodies.

A-Trak and Laidback Luke edits galore. Yes, I'm getting lazy.


And finally, I leave you with my new anthem. Nervo dropped it in St. Louis, but I couldn't identify it. I knew I had to have it, but I couldn't remember anything about it. Then, Axwell dropped it when I we all saw him at Glow in D.C., and again, I tried to memorize its words so I could look for it later, but I'm an idiot and I forgot. Luckily for me, our good friend jimbro began whistling a piece of it hours later, and promptly identified the track as none other than Axwell's remode mix of "Nothing But Love for You". It's a real tune, replete with a mesmerizing synth meoldy and uplifting sing-along vocals.


-PK


No comments:

Post a Comment