Saturday, January 14, 2012

Get It Twisted

Fresh outta Bristol, aka the new Compton, Lukas is doing big things. His tracks have a bass-ey feel similar to his cohabitators like Julio Bashmore and Eats Everything, but his music has a distinctly more chicago house, old school vibe to them. Check it, love it, live it, support da dude on beatport.
download: Crazy P - Changes (Lukas Remix) *192 Kbps



My homeboy patrick posted that Azealea Banks video the other day, and I have to say after he introduced me to her guiles over new years, I've been straight up hooked. This next song is so catchy I'm pretty sure it's some form of a narcotic. I don't think theres a better "let's get fucked up" song that I've come across in the past year...
download: Azealia Banks - 212 ft Lazy Jay



I can't decide which is better, the song or the music video



The synth work here is so next level it's absurd. Solomun is quickly emerging as an artist we can't take our eyes off of; every track this dude releases is incredible. With that said, I'm not sure how I feel about the vocals on this one. It is a remix, so they probably requested he leave in all of the vocal track, but still it feels a little out of place here. Still a completely ridiculous track though.
download: Ron Carroll & Superfunk - Lucky Star (Solomun Remix)



The man PK referred me to this classic slice of electro the other day and I've been bumping it pretty regularly ever since. Erol Alkan or die.
download: Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Zero (Erol Alkan Rework)



I'm feeling nostalgic, so here's some more classical action for you.. Consider these your history lesson for the week. (Yes, that's DFA as in James Murphy and DFA Records)
download: Justice - Phantom II (Soulwax Remix)



download: Hot Chip - (Just Like We) Breakdown (DFA Remix) <-----fresh to the maximum



Also… happy saturday




And finally we'll be at the Brodinski/Gesaffelstein show in LA tonight in full effect, so be on the look out for us with stickers and whatnot.


AUGUSTUS

No comments:

Post a Comment