Monday, January 9, 2012

A Case Of The Mondays

Every so often when it's a monday, I can find myself a little thrown off by the fact that the weekend is over and there's an entire week ahead before the glorious times that come between thursday and sunday, but then, after some thinking, I realize there's a solution... pounding, pounding techno music. And so, I make sure to go out and find the most banging, face crushing tracks I can find, and proceed to play them as loud as possible at myself. Only then is it possible to forget, at least for a little bit, that today's a monday. So, naturally, that's what I did this morning, and here are some of my best finds...

Mumbai Science are on some of that other shit. These belgian youngsters simply have a sound carved out for themselves that's unlike anything out there. Its somewhere in between techno and electro that escapes exact definition, but whatever it is there's no doubt that it's freaking LARGE. Their newest EP came out today, and it's already received support from Boys Noize, Tiga, and Crookers just to name a few. That should tell you pretty much everything you need to know about it. Here's one of the two songs on it, but be sure to grab the full thing off of beatport.
download: Mumbai Science - Researchers (Original Mix)



Dark and deep analog vibes pulse along all the way through this one, making me feel a bit like I'm lost in the basement of a berlin discotech every time I listen to it. Our friends over at Volta Bureau came out with this remix a couple months back and it managed to slip under our radar a bit, but I don't know how because it's absolutely incredible. Honestly, comparing this with their hit "Alley Cat", it's amazing how versatile these guys are. Definitely a group to watch in 2012 if you aren't already. This song is honestly too good, I'd feel guilty giving it away for free - make sure to buy it off of Beatport.
[Stream Only]: Pat Lok - No Shame (Volta Bureau Remix)



I recently came across a band called Computer Magic, and I've completely fallen in love with their sound. It's a dreamy, retro-styled approach to electronica that makes me think of summer days and summer haze. Play this one on the next sunny day. Be sure to follow her soundcloud for some more jams.
download: Computer Magic - Grand Junction



Lastly but definitely not least, more Grum is always good for you. I feel like listening to this song is pretty much exactly what doing cocaine in the 80s must have been like........
download: Keenhouse - Ari-es (Grum Remix)



Augustus

No comments:

Post a Comment