Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Drought Is Over


Every year around February I find myself wondering where all of the fantastic music I regularly download en masse has gone. But, in the words of the great Lil Wayne, "da drought is ova." As we near WMC 2011, the music will only get better and better.

If you thought the break up was gonna be an issue, think again. Showcasing Vito De Luca's notoriously funky style, this track should be celebrated as a return to form for Aeroplane.
Human League - Never Let Me Go (Aeroplane Remix)








Gregor Salto has impressed me as of late with the massive scale of his progressive house productions, but this one is different. Whoever the Flexican is, he's a fantastic influence on young Gregor, adding a latin flavor to the mix which ultimately turns into an acid trip to the cumbia club.
Gregor Salto, The Flexican - Maldita Cumbia (Original Mix)








I came across Hatiras by chance a few weeks ago whilst browsing beatport and was immediately impressed by his production finesse. This track is halfway between progressive house and electro: a recipe for dance floor success. Just ask Laidback Luke, who's already supporting this banger reminiscent of his remix of MSTRKRFT's "Heartbreaker."
Nu-Gen - Mopho (Hatiras Remix)








This track is huge, fun and makes me think of summer and better times. Well done, Redroche, you've made a dent in my seasonal depression.
Olav Basoski - New Day (Redroche Remix)








Ted Nilsson has touched up Axwell & Bob Sinclar's "What A Wonderful World" just enough. I wasn't too impressed by the original track considering it was made by the combined and prodigious talents of Axwell and Bob Sinclar, but this re-mode thumps and bumps in all the right places.
Axwell & Bob Sinclar - What A Wonderful World ft. Ron Carroll (Ted Nilsson Re-Mode)









Last and most wonderful comes Prince Club. We've been showing these Canadian boys a lot of love recently, and I want you to know this is no mistake. The unique depth of their productions is positively refreshing and if they keep churning out tunes with such consistency I may be forced to create a label just so I can sign them myself.
Prince Club - 303's & 808's








Finally, I had the pleasure of both seeing and speaking with world-class act Avicii last night at the Mid, Chicago so be on the look out for a brand new, exclusive Bright & Shiny interview with Tim Berg himself!


SIR REAL


No comments:

Post a Comment