Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Give It Whatcha Got



I just came across this Mr. Rodriguez, but apparently he’s been in the game for quite some time releasing tunes from deep house to acid and nu disco and dropping remixes for acts like Tiger Stripes and Crazy P. But with aliases like ‘Future Beat Investigators’ and ‘Acid Kings’, just to name a few, how could this man not produce all kinds of great music. Here’s my favorite track off his recent “Dawn” LP that features his own vocals. Just after it’s settling into a steady rhythm and hitting the breakdown he whacks you with some old rave stabs. Didn’t expect that did you?
Download: Roberto Rodriguez – Eternity


You may notice this sample from the timeless “Regulate” by Warren G and Nate Dogg (R.I.P.), but just like this one, that too actually draws from Michael Mcdonald’s “I Keep Forgettin”. Props to Solomun for the crate digging.
Download: Solomun – Love Recycled 1


If any bit of this narrative is true, Warren G and Nate Dogg are officially the most baller people I personally know. Just listen to the lyrics.
Download: Warren G. feat. Nate Dogg - Regulate


Starting with a dark piano solo and evolving into an trippy harmony, Maya Jane Coles takes on a remix assignment and develops something that I’m sure Bo Saris is proud to be a part of. I think at this point I’ve lost the ability to articulate how musically gifted this young lady is, so I’ll let the music do the talking.
Download: Bo Saris – She’s on Fire (Maya Jane Coles Remix)


I’m not sure how I completely slept on this Art Department remix given that I was obsessed with Jamie Jones’ effort for how long I can’t remember, but I would say they are easily on par with each other. This take is like a 9-minute ballad that keeps repeating in my head.
Download: Azari & III – Hungry For The Power (Art Department Remix)


Kieran McDermott of Leeds dropped his Motion EP not too long ago and I suggest you check it out. The EP’s namesake track has a cool U.K. garage rhythm and even a little bit of Q-Tip, which is always a good thing.
Download: Kezla – The Motion


Maxxi Soundsystem gathers the essentials of an 80’s hit to engineer a refreshing mix with a more active guitar riff. Although his typical bass driven style is evident, this remix clearly exhibits his versatility as a producer.
Download: Scandal – Just Let Me Dance (Maxxi Soundsystem Remix)



Bonus:

Download: Subb-an – What I Do (Burnski’s Tulum Remix)


Download: Alexis Raphael – Into the Light (Hot Natured Remix)



- Jimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment