Thursday, April 12, 2012

Silicone

I am all about Mercury. The Swiss duo consisting of a former hip-hop DJ and a drummer produce wonderfully soulful, very retro-influenced house music. I came across them for the first time with their remix of Le Le's Breakfast, which is still an all time favorite of mine and is guaranteed to set any party off; if you don't believe me, you've clearly never heard the song or paid attention to its lyrics. Since then, I truthfully can say that I have yet to encounter one of their productions that I don't vibe with immediately. Their latest is a re-work of Zimmer's "Slave To Your Heart", released on the DiscoTexas label. It features an upbeat organ synth chugging along with Jeremy Glenn's vocals and spaced out atmospherics. I really like it. You will really like it. Check it out underneath this sentence that I've just written. And buy it on beatport!
 Zimmer - Slave To Your Heart feat. Jeremy Glenn (Mercury Remix) by Mercury (Switzerland)

Incoming Mosca track on Hypercolour. Cannot wait for this to be released, I'm in the midst of a serious garage/90's house sounding binge right now and this is right up my alley. Plus it's called "Eva Mendes".

Mosca - Eva Mendes (Hypercolour) from Hypercolour on Vimeo.


This remix from Siriusmo may be 4 years old, but I don't care because it's amazing and I've re-discovered it. It's probably my favorite Siriusmo remix ever, which is saying something given who Siriusmo is and the insanity he is capable of. Also, it being so old and all doesn't make me feel guilty about putting it up for donwload. Enjoy!
Modeselektor - Silikon (Siriusmo Remix)


-PK

No comments:

Post a Comment