Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Beginning

We decided to create a blog chock-full of good music. We call it Bright & Shiny. Here it is. The first song I'm posting is a joint by Afrojack & Bobby Burns, complete with the screeching car alarms and lush, yet clinical production our favorite Dutchman is known for. Plus, it's got the coolest sample of some kid yelling "GHETTO BLASTAA."

Afrojack & Bobby Burns - Ghettoblaster (Original Mix)

Next is another of Afrojack's recent productions. I'm risking putting two songs from the same artist in my first post 1)because I don't care and 2)this song is fucking nuts. The final drop is so exquisite, with the inclusion of the high-pitched dutch melody over the lower, more expansive synths, that this song lands a spot in my heart and on my rotation for at least the remainder of summer.

Afrojack ft. Eva Simmons - Take Me Over (Original Mix)

This remix from the ATL RMX compilation assembled by Adult Swim doesn't do much other than expound upon the virtues of the original. Whoever DJA is, he's no genius, but he certainly gets the job done. I can't get that higher distorted riff out of my head as it weaves in and out of the beat amidst the uplifting steel drum sample and booming 808's. I hate the dupstep "wobble" that permeates the track, but it's too good to forsake altogether.

Rich Kids - Patna Dem (Mad Decent Patna's Remix by DJA)

And finally, I present the jam of the summer courtesy of grammy-winning producer Mark Ronson. This man makes excellent music across all genres, including pop, hip-hop, and electronic music. An absolute wizard in the studio, this man has created a masterpiece which has undeniable pop appeal and features the stylings of legendary rapper Q-Tip. I like it when the girl sings, too.

Mark Ronson & the Business Int'l - Bang Bang Bang ft. Q-Tip & MNDR


Sir Real

No comments:

Post a Comment